Water rusty and full of sediment after new submersable well pump was installed

Users who are viewing this thread

rob742

Reaction score
Craigpump, When I put it in bypass pressure is normal. I tried using backwash cycle 3 times. I had hoped the backwash would clear out any clog but it did nothing. So I have put it back in Bypass, At least I get clear water and good pressure in bypass

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah that can happen, it's hard to explain to the customer and even harder to charge for the rebedding of the neutralizer.

rob742

Reaction score
The plumber said the MB700 calcite corosex mix was bad for the neutralizer as it would get very hard and cause problems. I don't know that having bypassed the neutralizer for a few days and not having had it back washed until today may have caused this problem. But I do notice small specks of black sediment coming out of the faucet. But there are only a few coming out. I can't imagine this causing any clogging in the neutralizer. The neutralizer is 10 years old and has never been serviced. I have only been adding the MB700 mix when needed

rob742

Reaction score
I ended up dumping entire tank. Put new bed in and filled with calcite media. The MB700 calcite /corosex mix had big clumps hard like rock.
Now pressure is good. Next step is to shock treat the well. I need advice on this. The well is 290' deep. From the ground level to where I see water is 20'. I am going to use chlorine pellets I bought from a well driller for santitizing the well. I need to know how much to add and for how long to leave it in the well before flushing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks