No cold water in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnbuzz

Reaction score
Hi, I cannot get cold water through the shower mixer, I have tried to calibrate it but can only get it to luke warm, help needed please. I have attached a picture of the set up of this shower unit.
Thanks
John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 162

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I cannot get cold water through the shower mixer

No cold?
You may have a thermostatic valve there, and it may just be giving you a tight range.
Sometimes you can remove the valve and reinstall the knob in a slightly different postion.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That type of valve often has two internal check-valves, and one may have jammed closed. They often also have an inlet filter, and that may be clogged up. Or, the thermostatic cartridge could be shot. See if you can dig out the installation instructions which will have a parts diagram. If you can't find it, you may be able to get one from the manufacturer's website, or you may have to call their tech support. Some of those valves have a lifetime warranty, so if it needs parts, they may send them to you for free...doesn't hurt to call and check.

Johnbuzz

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, unfortunately there were no instructions and I had a British Gas plumber out and he couldn't identify who the manufactures were, to be honest I'm not sure he knew what he was doing, any ideas how I can find out who the manufacture is?
Thanks
John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
SOmetimes, you can figure out who made it by looking at the cartridge which requires taking the trim off first and maybe removing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks