Pressure reducing valve

Users who are viewing this thread

noderman

Reaction score
How do I select one. I look at the Watts web site and see there are maybe 15 to 30 of these things all in the size I am looking for. They all seem to do the same thing with the same specs. They all do look different. How do I pick the right one. I don't know what the differences are. Not concerned with the connection types more just why so many. Is it componentry inside, plastic, bronze etc. This is for my house.

Thank you.... confused

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
We have one that is Stainless Steel, and has multiple ports. The government has required the removal of lead in brass, so the low lead brass or bronze units will turn green like an old copper penny. The green patina causes the valve to seize up and lock down. I don’t recommend anything made of low lead brass. Just more un-needed government regulations that don’t make anything safer and increases the cost to the consumers. But Stainless Steel is really the good only option available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks