What exactly is a *close coupled* toilet - Drake 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Google is giving me 10 millions answers...

Side by Side, Drake 2 versus Drake 2 Close Coupled 1G flush toilet.
The Drake 2 Close Coupled is one good looking toilet.

This is coming from someone thinking the Carlyle was *the one*, or some variant of a skirted design.
Maybe if there was a Ultramax variant with the Drake tank cover, it may have swayed me.

The Drake 2 1G toilet is petite and slim (for lack of a word) when you compare them any others in the lineup.
The tank is visually smaller and well, the lines of the tank cover IMO flow very well with the symmetric of things.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tank is coupled closely by the bowl, rather than having the tank mounted on a wall, and a chrome bend connecting the two.

All of the II series with double cyclone have essentially the same lower end. There is the difference between skirited with the Unifit and the non-skirted all porcelain bowl, the other than the lower end of the trapway being either plastic or porcelain, they operate the same.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Both the Drake II and the Drake II 1G are close-coupled.

Here's an example of one that's not close-coupled -- imagine the tank mounted on the wall at the top of that chrome pipe.

20121209_135451.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks