Anybody have a wall Hung Toilet and REGRET it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
The thought of just a toilet off the floor, in it's most simplistic form is appealing....

The Flush System buried in the wall seems like it might be a nightmare the 1 time I need to service if, if the wall is buttoned up with tile and there is no accessibility for access on the rear side of the wall.

Still entertaining the idea of a wall hung. I've be curious if anybody has had one installed, and any regrets...

Fellow Plumbers, any worries, concerns or don't do it if the front wall is tiled and there is NO accessibilty of service, access from the opposite side of the wall ?

Last edited:

Chefwong

Reaction score
PROFESSOR Terry -

Do you prefer the Gerberit over the Toto if I am going with a wall hung route.
Gerberit has been more prevalent from what I have seen in the hotels I have been to

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO works with the Gerberit in-wall system too.
The TOTO bowls come with CEFIONTECT, so I would be inclined to go that route. Though it's going to be pretty cool regardless.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Do you prefer the Gerberit over the Toto if I am going with a wall hung route.
Gerberit has been more prevalent from what I have seen in the hotels I have been to

FWIW, we have the Geberit in-wall tank system at our beach house with Duravit bowls, whereas I notice that our club installed the Toto tank system and bowls in their new beach facility (as well as Toto sinks, trim, etc.). Management is quite pleased with the Totos; despite heavy use, they have had zero issues.

Due to improper winterizing by the folks entrusted with the task this year, one of the three Geberit plastic tanks in our beach house apparently cracked and is being replaced. Thank goodness nobody thought they should be installed behind something like tile; actually, that section of wall was mounted with screws, so no destructive access was necessary. Nothing wrong with the equipment; just simple operator error. Otherwise, the Geberit tanks have worked fine. And if you're not installing them in a structure where you expect the temps to drop below freezing for months at a time, I wouldn't worry about access, as the parts that normally need to be replaced can all be accessed through the button panel, as shown in Terry's video.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Ha. I think this may be the greatest idea unplanned for 2013. A wall mounted toilet was never even on my radar until I was at the showroom, and I was like DOH, why didn't I even consider a wall mounted toilet !

Back to the subject header - with the word Regret.
On one our 1st remodels, I went with a Navy Blue Tub, Toilet, Sink.....
Loved the look. It was like a black car. Looks awesome when clean, but give it a wrong look, and man....those dark colors sure show everything.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My current car is white and it can be quite dirty before it shows up radically...in a bathroom, white is the least expensive and the easiest to keep looking acceptable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks