Vanity P-Trap weird configure

Users who are viewing this thread

rosem637

Reaction score
SHould the vanity drain look more like the setup for the laundry?
I think I would just have to lengthen the tailpiece and attach a 45 to the stub out to be able to match the wall bend to the p-trap.

Attachments

• 100_5717.jpg
    100_5717.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3,351

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My preference would be for the one on the left, however both that are pictured are legal.

Sometimes in a handicap bath, they will offset below the sink or lav to keep the trap closer to the wall for knee room.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your biggest problem with the one on the right might be keeping everything together when people start putting bottles and boxes into the cabinet and bump the drain line. And it WILL "foul up" and create odors because of the long distance ahead of the trap.

rosem637

Reaction score
Also there are what appears two slip-joint nuts I believe are missing. One on the horizontal piece between the 2-90s and one on the piece that goes into the trap adaptor. How can two compression nuts be missing but no leaks?

Attachments

• 101_9920.jpg
    101_9920.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 828
  • 101_9912.jpg
    101_9912.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 871
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks