(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trying to keep a water heater replacement from turning into a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa2007B View Post
    No, they hadn't started yet, read the whole accounting above. And they told me they'd be there in early afternoon, then 4-6, all that. And after they finally did arrive at 6:30, with all the goings on after that, I was having a really bad feeling about letting them start work at 9 PM when they said it would take 4 hours.
    So you feel that 2.5 hours of their time is worth nothing?

It might normally be, but with a whole day's worth of shenanigans, they scared me off, and I figure their time offset my time that they wasted, plus not getting it done yesterday, like they originally promised they could. I wouldn't have them back here, after all that went on yesterday.

Oh, and these guys all have "free estimates" anyway, with no trip charges.
    Last edited by Melissa2007B; 05-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers
    http://DenverProcessServers.net/

Well Roto Rooter just came by for their free estimate and they wanted in the ballpark of $1600 just for the basic parts & labor, and wouldn't even tell me exactly because they have a 60 something percent parts markup and everything comes from Home Depot. They said it would be a GE water heater, which really blew it with us. I just won't buy a GE anymore, ever again.

So another showerless night and will try Sears tomorrow...
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers

Quote Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
    They wanted literally half what my local plumber wanted to provide the heater and install it. He would install a State heater, they would install a Kenmore heater manufactured by State. So similar product, much lower markup on the heater and much lower installation charge.
    Are all the Kenmore ones manufactured by State? That would be great.
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers

Are all the Kenmore ones manufactured by State? That would be great.
    My understanding is yes. For the money you save with Sears and waiting a day, I might just peel off fifty bucks of it and go have a nice hot shower at a nearby motel. I hate it when stuff is broken, but that savings is too significant for me at keast to ignore.

On Sears being busy on Monday, it would seem that this would just mean that they woukd put more staff on, like a restaurant does on Friday nught.

quote; it was surprising the amount of customers that wanted to take it up in Trade.

I have been in the business for over 60 years and have NEVER had any customers who wanted to do that. I think the plumbers who said it happened to them are just trying to "puff themselves up".
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

It might normally be, but with a whole day's worth of shenanigans, they scared me off, and I figure their time offset my time that they wasted, plus not getting it done yesterday, like they originally promised they could. I wouldn't have them back here, after all that went on yesterday.

Oh, and these guys all have "free estimates" anyway, with no trip charges.
    The "free estimate" was given and accepted when they were sent by you to pick up a tank. I'm not saying that they were or were not qualified but to me it sounds like they were given the go ahead from you then you changed your mind. If thats the case then you should be charged for their time.

I just went round & round with them for 20 minutes, through all kinds of extensions and was finally told they don't work on weekends!
    Huh. Where I am, that's a dedicated water heater number. You just select option 3 (new order), and then while they are transferring you they mention that they "guarantee" same-day installation of their most popular models if you order by noon. The sales associate that answers after that should immediately be able to hook you up (perhaps only for Monday, of course). I'm surprised that they didn't try to take your order today for installation first thing tomorrow.
    Last edited by wjcandee; 05-12-2013 at 04:07 PM.

I tried both extension 2 and 3, I think, and both told me no weekends.
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers

So I of course don't know about Denver, but if I had to do it all over again, I would call Sears at 1-800-549-7853 which is their number for same-day water heater installation.
    I'd love to save about $800 or more on this, but they have ads on their website saying: Order by noon and get it installed TODAY! Call 1-800-549-7853.
    and when I actually call, the recording says the same thing, then I get told they don't do this on weekends, and they transfer me all over the place trying to get me to Sales. I did this from about 11 AM today until 11:45 and again just now. They transferred me from department to department and no one speaks English, so I can't understand them and they can't understand me. I just called the number above and they transferred me to:

800-469-4663
    877-800-5804
    888-287-9322
    800-877-6420
    telling me each number as they do, and no one can help, they just keep transferring me!

I haven't had a shower since Thursday night, and am totally disgusted now! We can't afford to pay a rooter company $1800 for a water heater and Sears doesn't keep their word about same day help, and transfers me all over the world without helping me!

I'm gonna go cry now, because I just don't know what the hell else to do anymore! I can't take this!!!
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers

My first question is why would you call a Rooter co. to replace a water heater. Why not call a local plumber.

Actually, I had just intended to suggest that someone might be able to take your order now for the work to be done tomorrow. Perhaps the same-day service can only be scheduled on the weekdays on which it is apparently only offered.

I think that if you can make it through another night (or even just go to family, friends or a motel to take a shower and maybe put you in a better state of mind), you will likely be quite pleased when you give Sears a ring in the a.m.

Hope your problem is solved tomorrow and you feel better.

Here's the details from the Sears website...

Call center business hours:Monday-Friday 6 AM-10 PM CST, Saturday 7 AM-7 PM CST, Sunday 8 AM-7 PM CST. Picture must be a jpeg or pdf. Same-day installation available for stock on hand and not in all markets. Excludes weekends and holidays. See store for details.

Actually, I had just intended to suggest that someone might be able to take your order now for the work to be done tomorrow. Perhaps the same-day service can only be scheduled on the weekdays on which it is apparently only offered.

I think that if you can make it through another night (or even just go to family, friends or a motel to take a shower and maybe put you in a better state of mind), you will likely be quite pleased when you give Sears a ring in the a.m.

Hope your problem is solved tomorrow and you feel better.
    Thanks, but we have no local family or friends, just the two of us living here. I even thought of a bath house, if they'd sell me a shower, but suspect that they're for other things. I've never been to one.
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome2877 View Post
    Here's the details from the Sears website...

Call center business hours:Monday-Friday 6 AM-10 PM CST, Saturday 7 AM-7 PM CST, Sunday 8 AM-7 PM CST. Picture must be a jpeg or pdf. Same-day installation available for stock on hand and not in all markets. Excludes weekends and holidays. See store for details.
    Here's the page I found, which said no such thing:
    http://www.sears.com/kenmore-40-gal-...4&blockType=G4
    Melissa
    Denver Process Servers