Toilet size, etc. issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

FlushofSuccess

Reaction score
Hello,

My current toilet is 30 years old and in need of replacement. There are a few issues which I am confronted with...since my home was constructed in the 1930's, the rough-in size is 14". Also, I have somewhat limited space & I'm searching for an elongated bowl, but a bowl which would be 30" (maximum) from wall to front of bowl.

This current toilet is an Eljer & I was wondering if anyone knows of a manufacturer that produces a toilet with a 14" rough-in that will also meet my other needs of length (30" max.) and possibly a trapway size of 2 1/8" or larger.

Thanks to everyone who could be of assistance.

Mike

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You should read the link Terry mentioned.

Once you do, note that all of the following Toto toilets will work with a 14" Unifit Adapter and install with less than 30", according to their spec sheet, including 3/4" behind the toilet to the wall. All are elongated bowls. Pretty cool, huh?

Aimes (28-7/16"+3/4"behind toilet)
Carlyle II (28-5/16" + 3/4")
Carolina II (same " as Carlyle II)
Eco Guinevere (28-1/4" + 3/4")
Eco Lloyd (28-1/8" + 3/4")
Eco Soiree (same " as Lloyd)
Legato (28-7/16" + 3/4")
Vespin II (28-5/16" + 3/4")

The Vespin II is probably the least expensive of the bunch and is an absolutely-excellent toilet. If you had an Eljer, you will be amazed at how great the Toto is. Do not pay attention to list price. The street price is significantly-discounted. Shop around, look at Terry's prices above (Red "Sale on Toilets" Box) as a guide, etc. DO YOUR RESEARCH and then call your local plumbing supply places and ask for their price. Prices will vary wildly from one store to another, so try a bunch, using the prices you researched as an indication of what's a fair price.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks