buying Toto online

Users who are viewing this thread

michigander58

Reaction score
I am returning the Delta toilet to big box store. There must be a crack in the bowl. After much research I am leaning toward buying a Toto Drake or AS Cadet 3. Would like to by Toto but there are no local dealers that carry Toto. Should I buy online or get the AS Cadet 3 which is available locally?

Crosstalk

Reaction score
I replaced my 60s, 80s and early 90s toilets with two totos and two AS cadet 3s (one-piece version). Both the toto and the AS cadet 3 flush better than what I had before. I had to complain to AS about the seats that came in the box because they were really cheap and flimsy. AS sent me slightly better seats so I am ok with it. I found both totos more truly flat on the bottom so less shimming was required when installing them. Overall, the build quality of the AS is not a good as the toto. In particular, the flush lever seems cheaper on the AS, and I like the side location of the lever on the toto because it's easier to actuate it when the seat lid is open (the seat lid partially blocks the lever on the AS). On the plus side for AS, they have a 5 year warranty so you won't be spending any additional money on parts for a long time.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a company that advertises Toto toilets very heavy for online purchases. If you are interested, a quick "Google" for Toto dealers will get you to them. There is a certain amount of risk involved with buying anything online, and that is damage in shipping, but that doesn't mean you will be stuck with a broken product. Online vendors will make good on them, but it can take time. This company seems to have reasonable prices and is likely geared up to make sure their toilets are delivered in good condition. Just be sure you examine the product very carefully when it is delivered.

Last edited:

GeorgeCT

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
I am returning the Delta toilet to big box store. There must be a crack in the bowl. After much research I am leaning toward buying a Toto Drake or AS Cadet 3. Would like to by Toto but there are no local dealers that carry Toto. Should I buy online or get the AS Cadet 3 which is available locally?

I bought my Toto Ultramax from Home Click dot com, It came via freight truck, in Toto original boxing, on it's own pallet.
No issues with quality of the toilet at all.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes I get toilets sent to me to look at.
I waited a few days at home for one shipment, and then finally took my van and picked them up myself. If it's delivered by freight, expect to take the day off of work. So what is that? A sick day or a vacation day?
Every morning I would call and "It's on the truck for delivery" But they weren't.
I'm self employed, so that means I'm taking a hit on the paycheck.

One Fedex shipment came in a nice big box, with a broken tank lid. The manufacturer that sent it said, Yeah, happens that way a lot.

It's pretty hit and miss with porcelain shipments. It's not like your're ordering a camera in a styrofoam box.
Most of the truck drivers can't lift any weight, that's why they are drivers and not loaders. So expect to be there and unload the truck yourself.

I'm betting you can get it local, but just haven't found it yet. All my suppliers handle TOTO.

Buying Online

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?51759-Caught-in-the-act-of-Showrooming

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I got mine online, and the internet retailer put a lot of work into packing it so that it would not be destroyed by UPS. I was concerned, but in the end all was well. Your mileage may vary.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Get the Toto Drake. No question about it. Open the yellow pages and look up Plumbing Supply. Call and ask them about the Toto you want. See if they can get it for you. If not, you know what to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks