Price Pfister kitchen faucet hot water pressure issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Walds11

Reaction score
I replaced the cartridge in my 533 Genesis model single handle pull-out kitchen faucet. I am having one issue. The water pressure is slightly less when all the way hot at full blast. The water supply is turned on fully. Not sure what else to look for or trouble shoot. Any ideas?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
That is to be expected if the supply lines are the limiting factor. When running a mix of hot and cold, both lines are supplying water.

Walds11

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but I didn't have this problem before I installed the new cartridge, full pressure all around.

That is to be expected if the supply lines are the limiting factor. When running a mix of hot and cold, both lines are supplying water.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Did you shut down the water for the whole house to change it. If so, you may have stirred up some sediment and have a sticky heat trap in the HWT. Happens to me sometimes.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Two other possibilities... sediment got stirred up and lodged in the cartridge or the angle stop. The angle stop may not have re-opened fully.

Walds11

Reaction score
The cartridge looks fine. I pulled it back out, checked it out and reinstalled. Where is the angle stop? You are talking to a total amateur lol.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Well... I am assuming you have an angle stop. It is the shutoff at the wall under the sink. The old-style with washer can sometimes stick to the seat and not open all the way. It can also be a place for sediment to get trapped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks