toto aquia II installion

Users who are viewing this thread

vvsabvv

Reaction score
Hi I had my plumber install my new Toto aquia II toilet. He told me that he knew how to install these kind of toilet but now the bowl doesn't seem secure to the floor and I had left over parts. I have been looking on the internet for a installation guide because I don't have it anymore. The parts that I have left over are the mounting bracket and screws. I found out that there was a floor diagram for the brackets that the plumber never used and now I am missing the diagram. I can't seem to download this diagram on Toto website. What could I do to get the diagram so I can get this toilet correctly installed? Thank you

https://terrylove.com/pdf/aquia_installation.pdf

aquia_install_fig_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
He probably didn't want to, or couldn't drill the holes in the floor. If this is tiled, some floor tile is really hard, and a diamond bit may be called for to make it happen quickly. This is really sorry...if you got a plumbing permit, I'd consider mentioning that to the inspector...everything should be installed per the manufacturer's instructions and in a professional manner - that's what you pay a pro for, and you should expect that.

vvsabvv

Reaction score
Yes all the paperwork was put into the box and thrown out. I just printed the instructions off their website and found the template too but had to print it on two separate sheets of paper. I will try to have my contractor fix it. The plumber looked at the mounted brackets and said I don't think these are for the bowl. Before I bought the Toto bowl I asked him if he can install and he said they are hard to install but he installed them before.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The plumber looked at the mounted brackets and said I don't think these are for the bowl.

We carry a rotohammer in the truck for installing those "mounting brackets" I think most home owners have a better time installing the Aquia than many plumbers that don't like reading.
The floor will need to be drilled to install those brackets.

aquia_install_blocks.jpg

Last edited:

Wptski

Retired Machine Repairman
Reaction score
He probably didn't want to, or couldn't drill the holes in the floor. If this is tiled, some floor tile is really hard, and a diamond bit may be called for to make it happen quickly. This is really sorry...if you got a plumbing permit, I'd consider mentioning that to the inspector...everything should be installed per the manufacturer's instructions and in a professional manner - that's what you pay a pro for, and you should expect that.
When I replaced my OEM toilet installed in 1956 it had four bolts but as I discovered the front two into the floor tile were fake. I wonder if this was common practice in those days?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When I replaced my OEM toilet installed in 1956 it had four bolts but as I discovered the front two into the floor tile were fake. I wonder if this was common practice in those days?
They were designed to be anchored with all four...someone was lazy...

vvsabvv

Reaction score
Have one more question about this toilet. It seems like the tank moves back and fort a little to much. On my old toilet the tank didn't move at all. Is the Toto designed for the tank to move more the normal. Also the lid to the tank moves also a little more then other tank lids.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The short answer is that no, it shouldn't wobble. Usually indicates that the installer was not willing to take the time to tighten it just enough, but not too much. That takes some finesse, and for someone not used to the toilet, a little time. I notice that the Aquia instructions are less precise than some other Toto instruction manuals about how to position the tank and where the three points of contact are between the tank and bowl. As I haven't done an Aquia, but have installed other Toto toilets and made the tanks "just right", I won't comment further, but the folks who do this regularly should be able to weigh in with tips on how to get it "just right".

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can add personal experience with the Aquia or any other Unifit toilet, but you tighten the tank bolts a little at a time. The tank should just touch the points on the bowl. Main thing to remember is keep the tank even as you tighten.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks