water leak at supply line hole in foundation

Users who are viewing this thread

MartGio

Reaction score
I have water dripping in during heavy rain where the water supply line comes thru the foundation. Outside is underground with a large concrete porch across front of house. MartGio.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would use water plug cement. This fast setting cement is made to plug cracks and hole even with there is water running. You mix a small amount with water to make a stiff dough. Then push the dough into the hole or crack. Cracks should be chiseled out a bit. I believe the directions say to make a / \ notch, but I've found that is a bit hard to do and just opening the crack a bit will work. Mix only a small amount at a time and work fast as the setup time is very short and once is starts to harden, you can not add water so you may need to use several small batches rather than just one larger one. If I remember correctly, "Waterplug" is a brand name, but a decent hardware store should be able to point you to their brand of product.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not so difficult, but do use rubber gloves handling the cement. It's got a lot of lime in it and can irritate or even burn your hands.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks