TOTO Drake parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Pburydboy

Reaction score
Home Depot and many on-line sellers carry Korky internal parts for Toto. If you need a new ceramic part, they're available from lots of on-line sellers; easier to be careful not to need a new ceramic part.

How does that help me buy a Toto locally?

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
It doesn't. I was adressing your "No parts available" concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Buying online would possibly be your best bet. There is a potential problem with shipping, but online suppliers a usually very good about making good on your getting an undamaged toilet although it could take a bit of time. Professional plumber don't care to deal with online purchases because of the possibility of wasting a great deal of their time, but as an individual, it is a viable option. There is one company that advertised a great deal and seems to have a great selection of Toto toilets.

Pburydboy

Reaction score
It doesn't. I was adressing your "No parts available" concern. I bought my 2 Toto Drakes from an online vendor. Good price, free shipping (FedEx, would you believe), no problems.

I like parts to be available locally. When you need to fix a toilet you need it fix it now.

I took the Cadet back to Home Depot. At least they still have no hassle returns. They said they would try and help me with the issue but the plumbing guy at that store never showed up and I just left. I don't like that guy anyway, he's always a grump and doesn't seem to know what he is talking about to begin with.

I found a plumbing supply in town that sells Toto but just the "ECO" which sounded cheap and was just over $200 in price so must be their lowest of the heap? and special order only. The tried to push a $99 Crane Galaxy on me so I walked away. This kind of thing irks me.

Next up was a different HD store with friendlier staff. The guy there opened up a cadet 3 and it had many of the same issues but not as bad. However it had several patches from the factory just like the example Terry pictures in his review on big box. Real mess. So the HD guy opened another one and it was acceptable visually. I also checked out the one they had on display. None of them had the goopy ring of clay like my original. There was a joint line but not a big goopy ring. One had a slight ring but the others no more than a line at the joint. All varied in how high up the bowl the glaze went. None are glazed fully under the rim. I guess this is standard? What a difference in Home Depots. One guy is a total grump and this one was willing to open boxes and find a good one. They said they were sending the patched one back to AS. I wonder. Half the boxes in stock looked opened to me.

What I also noticed about the display models was the more expensive ones seemed better cast and better glazed. The one I bought was the round bowl Cadet 3 which is bottom of the Cadet 3 line I believe. We'll see how install goes but its pretty obvious to me that AS has no inspection on the line.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While Toto does make a fair number of toilets in the USA, it's sometimes the luck of the draw, supply and demand, and inventory control whether it is made here in the USA or not. It's not uncommon to have the tank made in one country and the bowl in another. You might be able to get the vendor to pick and choose for you, but they may or may not have both those in stock (assuming you were looking for a Drake, which is two-piece).

Mikey

Reaction score
That's interesting, Jim, and may explain why my two supposedly-identical Drakes, purchased a year or so apart, have distinctly different flushes. They both do a great job, but when I hear a toilet flushing, I know exactly which one it was. Illustrates the difference between "interchangeable" and "identical" parts.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
my two supposedly-identical Drakes, purchased a year or so apart, have distinctly different flushes.

Some of that is the home plumbing, and how it's plumbed in the walls.
We notice that some bathrooms have more pull or can have a quieter flush. A toilet line with the vent farther down the line will have more pull.

www.terrylove.com/korky
Information about Drake parts

aquia_install_fill_valve.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Both installations look pretty-much identical in terms of supply plumbing, waste, and vent. I guess if it ever matters that much to me, I could swap them, but I don't see that happening any time soon :).

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Both installations look pretty-much identical in terms of supply plumbing, waste, and vent. I guess if it ever matters that much to me, I could swap them, but I don't see that happening any time soon :).

Sometimes, just the shape and dimensions of the space around the toilet, along with the acoustic liveness of the materials used, can make a big difference in how two identical toilets sound when flushing and refilling.

Mikey

Reaction score
Nope. Same walls, similar dimensions, same color wallpaper :). Terry's closer, I think -- the noisier toilet appears to have a more robust flush, generating much more noise coming from the bowl -- I'm going to do some very low-tech experimenting, but don't expect to solve this mystery any time soon.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are so many ways a toilet can be plumbed and vented in a home. It's the most versatile fixture there is as far as how it can be legally done.
And with the new toilets, there should be changes in the current plumbing code. I'm already plumbing with them in mind.

toto-tank-parts-02.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks