What's the bottom line, which toilet has the most powerful flush

Users who are viewing this thread

shadysprings

Reaction score
Yes, I searched the forum and read hundreds of posts. There's got to be a way to empirically determine which toilet can flush the most toilet paper, hot dogs, golf balls, and other crap down successfully.

So which exact model of toilet wins this?

I've been using Toto G-max for years and that's all I have in the house now. But we still manage to plug these up every once in awhile. And these Toto's are hard to plunge for some reason. So I'm looking for a toilet that obsoletes the plunger.

Does this exist?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting. Most of us using Toto toilets never have clogs. I assume you were jesting about the most TP, hot dogs, golf ball, etc.. But just in case, the only thing that a toilet should be asked to flush is human waste and a reasonable amount to TP. It is not intended to be a garbage disposal. Certain brands of TP should either not be used or used in a modest amount. These are the brands that have a high rag content and don't flush well in large amounts. The only toilet Terry recommends for huge, hard bowel movements is the Australian Caroma. These have a huge trap and will pretty well flush anything you can put in them. Drawback is they tend to splash when flushed. For normal bowel movements and no products that should not be introduced, the Toto comes about as close as possible to never clogging. Terry has recently posted advice on how to plunge a Toto. I believe you can find this by scrolling down this section of the forum.

I found the thread just a little way down. It's called, "Unclogging the Toto Drake".

Last edited:

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
For a powerful flush that doesn't clog, go for the American Standard Champion 4. They are VERY VERY HARD to clog. Here is a video of one flushing a whole bunch of toilet paper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If we are talking large items, then a Caroma bowl or a Kohler pressure assist.
The Caroma has a 3" trapway.
The Kohler Highline with the Sloan Flushmate is a little over 2" but has the assist that helps break things up.

Ty Webb

Reaction score
OK... So dollar for dollar, what is the best toilet for home use if you want consistent flushing without clogs and water use isn't a big deal and long life is desired? Brand and model?

Much thanks....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Dollar for dollar?
My biggest seller is the TOTO Drake.

There is a 1% factor that would need more. And that's why I have the Caroma and pressure assist option for them.
Many of the new bowls with a 3" flush valve have been doing well. The TOTO has a good track record for quality control.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Who cares about toilet paper? I want to flush cantaloupes!

Normally we expect people to eat them first.
A cousin from Oregon tried flushing a potato down a toilet to show me how I wouldn't need an garbage disposer.

Yeah right. You can't flush a potato down anything but a Caroma. And even then, it better be a small one.
Or you could all run out and try it. Video would be nice of you trying to flush a potato down your toilet. Just for laughs.

Attachments

• cantaloupes.jpg
    cantaloupes.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 3,161
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks