How attach a new shower body valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Msisell

Reaction score
It sounds simple to do but when I got the new shower kit the valve part does not have flanges with screw holes to attach it. How do I set it in to stay securely?

penobscotman

Reaction score
I just did this with a Moen valve and, like you, was looking for flanges. However the directions show the valve supported by the supply lines, copper in my case. That has worked fine. My trouble was visualizing the spacing fore-and-aft in the stud cavity. The directions were nearly useless and designed for someone replacing the faucet rather than doing it as new work from scratch.

What's your situation?

Msisell

Reaction score
That's the exact situation for me... Directions useless. So far I put a stud in horizontally and was going to "zip tie" it in place. I just can't imagine it staying in place otherwise?? Thank you for your input!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Use some copper pipe straps on a brace screwed behind the valve to the supply lines. If your pipes go horizontally through studs, the holes will help stabilize things, but not enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks