automatic sprinkler valves

Users who are viewing this thread

lahie

Reaction score
hello, i have recently purchase a home and i'm trying to get the automatic sprinkler to work. my question is this? what posistion do the valves need to be at when programing my stations should they be at on or off ? also the smaller valves on top of the diapram should that be turn on or off, when i turn them on my sprinklers come on so i'm guessing they should be turn off. i need help please

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
hello, i have recently purchase a home and i'm trying to get the automatic sprinkler to work. my question is this? what posistion do the valves need to be at when programing my stations should they be at on or off ? also the smaller valves on top of the diapram should that be turn on or off, when i turn them on my sprinklers come on so i'm guessing they should be turn off. i need help please
I'm not a sprinkler tech, but all the valves I've used over 35 years need to be in the position that makes them not be on in "manual" mode, which means they wait for voltage to the solenoid to turn them on. I would not call that being "off" though, just the normal (ready) mode. So your last staement sounds correct to me. I've used Genie, Orbit, Hunter, Orbit, Rainbird and Toro.

lahie

Reaction score

thank you very much

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks