Faucet change

Users who are viewing this thread

Stephnej

Reaction score
Faucet change

I have a Jacuzzi tub and it is leaking slowly at the spout and at the valve. I wanted to get a new handle. so, will any handle fit the tub? it is a pull out handle now and I wanted to upgrade it. is it a matter of taking out the old one and putting a new one in? or is it more involved? I see the spout is easy. just unscrew and put another. what do you all think?

Stephen

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Faucets parts are definitely NOT universal. You need to determine the exact make and model of your faucet and get the excact replacement parts.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Washer

Yes it is a washer or a cartridge. Handles control the on and off of the water. Their parts get worn and allow some water to get past and come out the end of the spout. If the water is coming out around the handles then it is the o rings that have become worn. It would be a value if you could post a picture of your faucet.

Last edited:

Stephnej

Reaction score
Lonny, thanks. as a matter of fact I just purchased a digital camera and will be taking many pics and posting them along with questions. like they say, " A picture is like a thousand words".

yes, the faucet is dripping at the handle and the spout, "double trouble".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks