"proper" method of bullnose around tub/shower surround?

Users who are viewing this thread

rkhanso

Reaction score
I am putting some 4.25" ceramic tile above the tub/shower surround in my kids' bathroom. I was wondering what the standard or proper way to align the bullnose in respects to everything else. The bullnose I have is 6" tall, not 4.25"

Does the bullnose start with a full piece at the ceiling and then the bottom piece get cut to fit? Or the other way round?

Also, I saw 4.25" square tile with a bullnose edge at the store, too. I wouldn't use that square bullnose above the shower surround and then the longer 6" on the side of the surround?

Or, am I off in using the 6" bullnose on the side in the first place. Is this not usually done?

Here's a picture:
bathroom3.jpg

Attachments

• bathroom2.jpg
    bathroom2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,057

kevinp

In the Trades
Reaction score
You don't want to mix two different size bullnose tile there, 6" is fine. The top is the most visible so starting with a full bn tile at the top is a good idea unless it leaves a small piece at the bottom. Do the layout the way it pleases you the most.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks