How to fix leaking pre-fab shower drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

lozza29

Reaction score
Hi all - I have discovered a leak in my pre-fab basement shower stall. It appears that the gasket or seal between the outer drain pipe which comes down from the shower and encircles the actual 2" ABS drain pipe is not functioning (it actually looks and feels like a soggy, slimy, mess of something not runner).

Can I fix this with a simple replacement? Is there some rubber product I can buy? If so should I also caulk it? Last question - I know water has gotten into the shower base - can I leave it once the drain is fixed or do I need to rip up everything and dry it out to prevent mould on the concrete?

I have posted pics below.

Thanks for any and all help - I very much want to fix this myself and Home Depot was no help!
Photp.444go-0011.jpg

Photp.444go-0008.jpgPhotp.444go-0010.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks