Fittings for basement rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

ekheerdt

DIY Home Owner
Reaction score
I am building a new house and am planning to do the plumbing myself with guidance from my HVAC contractor. I have read through previous threads and am starting to understand all of the venting, sizing and other requirements for the system. My question is on the basement rough in and pipes coming up through the floor. My concrete contractor would like the pipes cut at the floor to make it easier to finish the basement floor. I am wondering how to connect to the pipes after the the floor is finished?

Asktom

Reaction score
The pipes need to extend above the cement even if it makes the cement guy's job harder.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id get another cement guy. Pipes through the concrete are par for the course.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I always extend the pipes through the concrete, but if you want to be a "nice guy" put couplings on the risers flush with the floor. He can trowel even with the tops of the couplings and then you cement the pipe extensions into them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks