Inserting a sanitary tee into existing stack that will not move

Users who are viewing this thread

denikar

Reaction score
I'm investigating how to insert a sanitary tee into an existing vertical 3" stack that will not budge at all (vertically). One of the discussions I found here suggested cementing the lower part of the santee and using a fernco fitting for the top part. Is this the recommended method or are there better alternate methods?

Thanks,

Tim

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally it takes two of these

mission_bandseal.jpg

Notice the stainless steel wrap that prevents the pipe from shifting?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it does not move, there is no way you could "cement the bottom and use a transition coupling on the top", because you would have to cut out enough pipe to angle the Y in, then slide it down, and then whatever you are using would be too short to fill the gap.

denikar

Reaction score
To clarify, the cut stack can be moved enough in the x-y direction, just not up and down (z direction).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks