Useless online vendor, help with 7000 3 cu ft. settings please

Users who are viewing this thread

Acropora

Reaction score
Hi, would appreciate guidance for 96k sxt7000 unit settings. Works ok except after regeneration we seem to have untreated water breakthrough. Tried getting a softener locally but couldn't get a quote less than $1K over the online price and the online guys are useless.
Have 4 kids and we use about 3-400gal a day of water that's 30 hardness and 2 iron, so about 38 hardness.
Seems to use a lot more salt/mo than our old 22k softener but supposedly not a unit that was recalled.
BLFC is 0.125. C-800F resin. If this was your softener what settings would you guys run?
Thank you!!! Current settings
VT dF26
CT Fd
C 96
H 38
RS SF
SF 15
DO 10
RT 2:00
B1 10
BD 50
B2 8
RR 10
BF 30
FM t1.2

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would change the following: VT ST2b, C 60, RS cr BF 48.
You are getting hardness because the unit is set for 96K but the salt dose is only 11.25 lb salt and should be 60K @ 18 lb salt.

Acropora

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately the softener won't do st2b it appears. The only time we have hard water is right after the unit regenerates. Somehow it's not flushing the normal water out during the backwash I guess? Was wondering why we're going thru 40# of salt a week also.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
St2b and df2b are the same.

Fast rinse is designed to give you perfect soft water after regeneration,

What injector do you have? What Drain line flow control size? The trace amounts of hard water after regeneration should hardly be noticable, if at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks