Toto unifit on unlevel flange

Users who are viewing this thread

chenry3

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a basement flange that is not quite level - there is about a 1/3" vertical drop between the left side to the right side of the flange. My original plan was to use 1 (or maybe 2 if needed) sani seal rings on my toilet as I've read that they should be able to handle that amount of unlevelness.

I've since started looking at the toto toilets (specifically a soiree) with the 10" unifit adapter. I've never used the unifit adapters before and I wanted to know how/if I would be able to use one given my uneven flange. From your pictures at https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm it looks like it seals to the flange via bolts the same way a toilet does - but does the unifit use a generic seal or does it have it's own? Would I be able to level out the unift adapter so that the soiree toilet would work or should I loook at a non-unifit 10" rough in toilet with my original idea of making up the vertial difference with my ring seal?

My other thought was that if the unifit pieces could pivot (I could get one that isn't glued? or cut and re-splice it?) between the toilet and the flange mouting parts I could mount the flange at an angle and rotate the toilet part that joint to be perfectly level for where the toilet attaches. Would that be possible?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The unifit installs with any toilet seal.
We've used wax, Sani-Seal and the fluidmaster waxless seal.
Uneven flanges are more common than you think. We install all day long with stuff like that. And we install the unifit very often.
We keep 10's and 14's in the van in case we need them.

chenry3

Reaction score
Terry -

Awesome thank you for the info - and the amazingly fast response. Sounds like the unifit will work

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks