Increasing Depth of Wall

Users who are viewing this thread

DougB

Reaction score
I want to install a Toto wall hung toilet, that requires a 2 x 6 wall. I'm planning on making another 2x4 wall and attaching it to the current wall. The wall isn't very long - about 54".

How to attach it? What to attach the bottom plate to, besides the floor? There is no joist at this location.

I thought about scabbing on to the sides of the current studs with plywood, glue, and screws.

I plan on getting an inspection

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
wt151m_zoom.jpg

First pick up the carrier, and you will see how to frame that in. They make a 2x6 and a 2x4 version.
The outer portion of the bracket gets attached to framing.

DougB

Reaction score
I read this on the Toto site: ■Commercial 2” x 6” or optional residential installation with 2” x 4” wall studs with waste outlet kit

However, the new toilet is about 6" left of the old - and there is a 3" CI waste stack using up the interior wall space, so I see no option but to increase the depth of the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks