Dual showerhead question

Users who are viewing this thread

Calistan

Reaction score
I should preface this with: first time posting. Hello! and sorry if there is a similar post around. I couldn't find it with 10min via search queries. Don't have a lot of experience with this stuff, but it's not above me to do it.

I want to install two different shower heads off of the original shower pipe that comes out of the wall. Guy at store called it a shower nipple?
My fiance doesn't like my high pressure shower head, and she wants a rain shower head. So what I want to do it remove my existing high pressure shower head, and attach on a diverter/Y-adapter etc (thats where I need help) that can allow me to attach a rain head (that has its own arm extension so it can aim more vertical), and then attach my high pressure shower head to the other male threading. I was hoping to be able to control which shower head would be in use. I assume the pressure would be too low (since it would be same pipe) if I used both at once.

Are there any simpler options to do this? or do I just need to throw out my shower head to make her happy till I can afford to do a master bath renovation.
Much Thanks/anyquestions?
-Calistan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Almost every big box and/or hardware store has a diverter for the end of the shower arm which allows you to use the regular head or a hand held unit. It would be very difficult to use two regular shower heads because their connections would interfere with each other. The diverter is an either/or unit, NOT either/both.

Calistan

Reaction score
Almost every big box and/or hardware store has a diverter for the end of the shower arm which allows you to use the regular head or a hand held unit. It would be very difficult to use two regular shower heads because their connections would interfere with each other. The diverter is an either/or unit, NOT either/both.

And this is I've seen at most home improvement stores, But what I want is an either/or for the shower heads. I basically want a switch for the shower head. I don't want a handheld showerhead. I've seen alot of shower diverters that can do on/off respectively, but is there one for regular shower heads. or is there a Y piping like this that I can buy somewhere? http://www.showerbuddy.com/Showroom/Shower_Heads_/first_mate.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks