(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

The 1.6 Soiree is no longer available.
    I have Soiree's 1.28 liter in my house and have no problems.
    The closet i can find to you is Thunder Bay
    CRAIG PLUMBING CENTRE
    1263 AMBER DRIVE
    THUNDER BAY, ONT P7B 6M4
    807-345-1137
    Almost a 5 hour drive

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Added new picture.
    I carry these in Anchorage, Bothell, Seattle, Los Angeles,

TOTO Guinevere with seat.
    Terry Love

We bought the Soiree about 6 weeks ago partly because I read in this thread that it could be modified to flush with 1.6 gallons if the 1.28 didn't work out. We've had a G-Max Toto Carrollton for 5 years and it's been very effective.

The Soiree at 1.28 gallons has also been absolutely fine so far and has flushed everything we have thrown at it. Like the Carrollton and all modern toilets using less water you can sometimes get a skid mark. But what I have discovered with the Soiree's Sanagloss is that if it's below the waterline it will clean up perfectly by itself with the next flush after a short while.

One thing we appreciate about the double cyclone flush is that there is no normal rim, and no place therefore for dirt to hide under it. It's a cleaner bowl.

Does a Washlet S300 fit the Guinevere fine? Any issues with using the S300 and this toilet?

Blog Entries

Any washlet or bidet seat will fit.
    There is plenty of space between the seat bolts and the tank.

Default Just Installed Soiree

Beautiful toilet and a lot easier to install then most are making it out to be. The hardest part was drilling through the hard porcelain tiles with the 1/4 inch drill bit. Well, it was hard with a dull bit. I went to the hardware store and bought a 5 pack and used 3 of them. The porcelain tile really takes it's toll on concrete bits. Also, I did it WITHOUT a Hammer Drill, but a regular "ac powered" drill. So don't run out and buy/rent one if you don't have it.

If you're worried about the supply being to close, chances are it's not. If your house was built to code you'll be OK. You have a lot more room back there then you think.

Also, thanks to everyone who said this toilet was noisy. I was bracing for the worse when I first flushed the toilet. If the Soiree is noisy, I'm either deaf or have only had really really noisy toilets in the past.

I bought a second Soiree toilet and am anxious to install it.
    Last edited by drfelle; 09-02-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drfelle View Post
    Beautiful toilet and a lot easier to install then most are making it out to be. The hardest part was drilling through the hard porcelain tiles with the 1/4 inch drill bit. Well, it was hard with a dull bit. I went to the hardware store and bought a 5 pack and used 3 of them. The porcelain tile really takes it's toll on concrete bits. Also, I did it WITHOUT a Hammer Drill, but a regular "ac powered" drill. So don't run out and buy/rent one if you don't have it.

If you're worried about the supply being to close, chances are it's not. If your house was built to code you'll be OK. You have a lot more room back there then you think.

Also, thanks to everyone who said this toilet was noisy. I was bracing for the worse when I first flushed the toilet. If the Soiree is noisy, I'm either deaf or have only had really really noisy toilets in the past.

I bought a second Soiree toilet and am anxious to install it.
    I agree... I installed a Guinevere and it isn't really hard at all.

I would be afraid to use a hanmmer drill on tile! Tile is brittle and cracks!

For your second toilet, don't use concrete bits. You can get cheap electrodeposited diamond core drill bits via online suppliers or the popular auction site. These have to be used wet (build a dam out of plumber's putty). These can be had for 5 or 10 bucks, but they are cheapies and will only last 4 or five holes - but FAST and make a clean hole. A good quality diamond core bit will cost more like 20-50 bucks... not worth it for occasional use. Send me a private email and I'll give you the source I use. Not contractor grade, but a good hole for not a lot of $$.
    Last edited by TWEAK; 09-02-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Default TOTO Soiree

Hello Terry,

Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend at the lake, it looked like a great place.
    Michael and I installed the Toto Soiree in our main bathroom on Sunday and are very pleased with the look and function, wonderful toilets.

Thanks again,
    Carrie M.
    Walla Walla WA

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Default Toto Soiree with 14" Unifit for an old home in Seattle

Just so you know, your son did a great job. He really cares about his work and worked hard and efficiently. The Toto toilet rocks!
    Thanks!
    Gary in Seattle

Default toto guinevere installation

Can somebody tell me the measurement from the back wall to the center of the toto trap hole is for the unifit flange. The hole with the gasket the toilet fits onto.

Im installing another Guinevere and I want to be sure its going to fit.

Thank you

Blog Entries

The standard 12" with the Guinevere will work at 11-1/4" from the wall to center.
    A standard rough-in should be 12" from the finished wall, leaving 3/4" behind the tank.

You can also get 10" and 14" adapters if the rough-in is non-standard.

That works, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The standard 12" with the Guinevere will work at 11-1/4" from the wall to center.
    A standard rough-in should be 12" from the finished wall, leaving 3/4" behind the tank.

You can also get 10" and 14" adapters if the rough-in is non-standard.

We bought the Soiree in Sedona Beige, mainly due to the many favorable comments on this forum. It's been installed for several weeks now and I have to say I absolutely love the toilet. Our plumber put the water line too close to the centerline of the toilet, so we had to move the toilet further out from the wall, but it works fine. The water workings are hidden behind the toilet, it actually looks good. The flush is almost silent and no odd filling noises. Next step is finding just the right bidet seat. Our WC is on the northwest corner of the house and the seat is too cold now that cold weather is here.

We bought a discontinued 1.6 gpf floor model at a plumbing supply store in Santa Fe. It sat in the garage for months before being installed and when we opened the box (they reboxed it for us at the shop) we discovered the unifit parts were missing. The store refused to supply the parts, they literally told us tough luck, "what you see is what you get." My husband got on the phone with Toto Customer Service in Georgia and they sent the parts at no cost and didn't charge for shipping. Excellent customer service is hard to find anymore, so this was an extremely pleasant surprise.

I'm totally sold on Toto and the Soiree looks and performs beyond my expectations.

Blog Entries

I think I've sold over 200 of the Soiree and the Guinevere toilets from Toto. Many of the customers like them very much. It's good to hear about the tech support from Toto. I rarely have ever called them, but it's been a good experience every time.

Blog Entries

Here is an installation of a Toto Soiree in bone, it allows the use of a high bowl, and it fits under a banjo top. That's a tough combination to fit. A tall bowl, and a short counter over the top of the tank.

Toto Soiree in Bone, Issaquah WA

The caulking will turn clear when dry.

If the shutoff is 6" to the left of center you can use the old shutoff, this one was 5" to the left of center, which meant using a Dahl valve designed for the Toto skirted toilets. It's much shorter from the wall.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-24-2011 at 06:05 PM.