(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My vitrectomy, and no, it had nothing to do with sex!

It is going to get better, you will see, you got to believe... You mentioned glasses, which made me think of something, and as I sit here, I got to laugh, because, my husband and I had exactly, the same eye glass prescription, and we both had the same astigmatism, too. I am actually, wearing his glasses right now, lol. I got them all over the house because it is a nuisance to have to find them. I lose my glasses all the time. I have one of those kids autograph books from growing up, you know maybe, where each year the teacher would write something nice? well, mine all said the same thing, " where are your glasses?"

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    It is going to get better, you will see...
    One of my eye doctors said something similar a few weeks ago in relation to my upcoming cataract surgery. I had been told the vitrectomy would cause a cataract, but now I actually have a cataract in each eye and my regular doctor wants me to see a cardiologist before giving me medical clearance for the cataract surgery. Go figure! He tried to BS me a bit about an irregularity in my EKG, then said, "Oh, I did not know you already knew about that!" when I told him what it was. But, I had been wanting to see a cardiologist anyway since it has been a while.

More in about a month, I hope...

PS: Following the vitrectomy, my right eye now sees things about 20% narrower and taller than they actually are and as the other eye sees them, so now I tend to lead with the left eye!
    Last edited by leejosepho; 11-19-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my right eye now sees things about 20% narrower and taller
    Maybe that's how my little brother sees things. He always sets his TV so that everybody looks wider than they are.
    I believe my older sister had the cataract surgery, and she's better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I believe my older sister had the cataract surgery, and she's better now.
    Good deal. These past few months have shown me how much I had always taken clear vision for granted, and it can be a challenge to not let the difficulties of poor vision come out in attitudes that can only make things worse for everyone. I will be in the cardiologist's catheterization lab in a couple of hours as part of getting medical clearance for the cataract surgeries that are scheduled for the 8th and 22nd of this calendar month.
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

my right eye now sees things about 20% narrower and taller
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Maybe that's how my little brother sees things. He always sets his TV so that everybody looks wider than they are.
    I have just recently heard of Shaw lenses for dealing with that kind of thing and more, and I will likely be getting some in a few weeks after my eyes having stabilized from the cataract surgeries I have just had:
    http://shawlens.com/aniseikonia/aniseikonia_solved/
    If your brother wears glasses already, maybe suggest he investigate those the next time he needs to replace them.