Identify Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

yellbird

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could identify this faucet that is on a Whirlpool Jet Tub. As you can see it is damaged and would like to replace if I can. Also how does it come off as it has no screws and have no way to access it from underneath. It is 10" high and 3 1/2 " wide at the base.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 243

Asktom

Reaction score
You need to get under the tub to remove the spout. And, you will need to know the manufacturer in order to have a chance of finding a replacement. If you post a picture of one of the stems next to a ruler and tell how many splines there are on the broach where the handle goes on, somebody here may recognize it.

yellbird

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply, it is not necessary to replace it with the exact same one, more concerned about getting it off. There is a wall between it and the closet so I guess I will have a cut a hole in the wall?

Asktom

Reaction score
Actually, you may have to replace it with the exact same one because they are not all the same. Besides being held to the tub, there are also connections to the hot and cold to consider. You may have options, but don't assume you do. I would post a picture of the stem before you start breaking holes.

Asktom

Reaction score
I opene my mouth before I thought it through completely. Check the spout for a set screw, probably low on the back. If you find one, you can loosen it and pull the spout.

yellbird

Reaction score
That is the correct one and after looking at the price I will look for something else to replace it, What do you think the odds are that I can just unscrew it without cutting the wall next to it and get a wrench on the bottom bolt?/

Thanks to everyone who commented.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Once you make an opening into the area under the tub, you should be able to unfasten the spout and cut the pipe to it. Once that is done, there are many spouts that can replace it. The hole in the tub, and the connection to the spout are usually "generic" so you just have to make a connection to it. Your real problem is that there are no spouts like that, in polished brass or gold, which are "reasonably' priced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks