(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Identify Faucet

Default Identify Faucet

I was hoping someone could identify this faucet that is on a Whirlpool Jet Tub. As you can see it is damaged and would like to replace if I can. Also how does it come off as it has no screws and have no way to access it from underneath. It is 10" high and 3 1/2 " wide at the base.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You need to get under the tub to remove the spout. And, you will need to know the manufacturer in order to have a chance of finding a replacement. If you post a picture of one of the stems next to a ruler and tell how many splines there are on the broach where the handle goes on, somebody here may recognize it.

Thanks for your quick reply, it is not necessary to replace it with the exact same one, more concerned about getting it off. There is a wall between it and the closet so I guess I will have a cut a hole in the wall?

Actually, you may have to replace it with the exact same one because they are not all the same. Besides being held to the tub, there are also connections to the hot and cold to consider. You may have options, but don't assume you do. I would post a picture of the stem before you start breaking holes.

I opene my mouth before I thought it through completely. Check the spout for a set screw, probably low on the back. If you find one, you can loosen it and pull the spout.

That is the correct one and after looking at the price I will look for something else to replace it, What do you think the odds are that I can just unscrew it without cutting the wall next to it and get a wrench on the bottom bolt?/

Thanks to everyone who commented.

Once you make an opening into the area under the tub, you should be able to unfasten the spout and cut the pipe to it. Once that is done, there are many spouts that can replace it. The hole in the tub, and the connection to the spout are usually "generic" so you just have to make a connection to it. Your real problem is that there are no spouts like that, in polished brass or gold, which are "reasonably' priced.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber