Clueless about Hydrosoft water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

TomballTX

Reaction score
My new-to-me home has a Hydrosoft water softener. This is my first water softener and I have no idea if I need to do anything to it or as to how to check it's working.

I have a single page brochure for the unit but no manual. A Google search yields no hits.

There is a sticker on the bottom of the controller listing only three items of possibly useful information
Brookfield WI (Manufacturer location?)
Serial # 40278
403981-00800-0028000 (model number?)

The brochure does not list a model number, manufacturer, address or phone number. There is a copyright: Waterworld USA, Inc. 2006

A search on Waterworld USA led me to a very similar brochure for a HydroMist

I added two bags of salt pellets around Jan 21 and it's used maybe half of that. I don't know if that's normal use but suspect it's low.

Is there an owner's manual available? Do I need to do anything other than add salt or is the operation completely automatic?

Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 8.35.22 AM.jpg
IMG_3306.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 457
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks