Washer Supply Fittings Loose

Users who are viewing this thread

index1489

Reaction score
Just had a new washer/dryer installed, during the installation I noticed when the installer tightened the new hoses on the water supply outlets, both outlets rotated slightly 20-30 degrees. I assumed these were sweat fittings and shouldn't be able to rotate like that.

Grabbing the hose I can get both outlets to rotate in each direction 20-30 degrees, is this normal?

The supply box is from IPScorp "Water-Tite" looks like this one.
http://www.ipscorp.com/plumbing/watertite/supplyvalve/washingmachine/duall

Place was built 2005-2006.
Had the previous washer installed for over a year with no issues, this one for a couple of days again no issues noticed yet.

Photos attached

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 563
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 9,692

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Looks like the connectors are made to swivel.

NEVER!! If it was installed with plastic water pipes, or a "Sharkbite" connection, it will "wiggle" if the lock nut underneath loosened up.

index1489

Reaction score
quote; Looks like the connectors are made to swivel.

NEVER!! If it was installed with plastic water pipes, or a "Sharkbite" connection, it will "wiggle" if the lock nut underneath loosened up.

So it this something I should worry about or leave alone? Couple other people have told me if its a PEX connection it could move a little and be fine.

"That a/w books looks correct to me , sometimes they move and sometimes they don't. As long as it not leaking, you'll be fine. I used to put hundreds of those in when I work new construction. Water-tite brand moves and others do or don't as well"

"If I'm not mistaken, built in 06 would be pex. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about them rotating, just keep your eye on them. I know shark bites you can move and they're still"

"You could also have CPVC pipe. CPVC and Pex could rotate a bit but be careful you can damage the piping in the wall causing a water leak. Just a bit of advice, I would change the cold water hose to a stainless breaded also."

Seems odd I know I have copper in the bathrooms when I replaced a couple of cartridges, is it common to mix PEX and copper in the same house?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks