No water second floor,help!

Users who are viewing this thread

tiffkbjf

Reaction score
I purchase a forclosure. I recently turned on the water. The first floor seems fine dispite the toilet problems. The second floor however isnt getting any water, toilet, sink, nothing. Its a multi unit. Ive turned on every basement valve. What else is there?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There may be an additional valve somewhere upstairs. This would be desirable to be able to service it without impacting the first floor tenant. Maybe in a utility room, behind a panel, in a closet...hard to say. The other, much more problematic, is that maybe during the winter, the heat was off, the pipe split, and it's running in the wall(s) somewhere. With everything off, check the water meter (assuming you have one) and see if it is registering any water flow. If it is, shut off the main, then go searching!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks