Water Trailer tank for Potable Water - Help/Question

Users who are viewing this thread

rchaney99

Reaction score
Hi guys... Hopefully someone knowledgeable about water tanks will chime in and help me.

I have a low producing well, so I am starting to supplement having water hauled in to me. Im looking for a water trailer, so I can haul water in myself. I found a guy that has a trailer with a 500 gallon plastic tank on it - its the cloudy clear color tank. It has non potable water stamped on it. He swears he has only used city (potable) water in it. The tank is VERY clean, no algae, etc. In your opinion, is this tank safe to supply drinking water to my family? Of course I would disinfect with a chlorine solution first... Im just curious as to why non potable is stamped on the tank. Thanks for any help, its greatly appreciated.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It might have something to do with the kind of plastic the tank is made of. Some plastics are not approved for potable water containers. Also a darker tank keeps the moss and algae from growing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks