Toto Dalton question

Users who are viewing this thread

ttodd1

Reaction score
I have a new Toto Dalton that my contractor cracked the tank. My issue is since it is a discontinued model I am having a very hard time finding a replacement. I had read somewhere that a Caruso (?) tank would work on a Dalton bowl. Is this correct? If not, does anyone have some ideas for me as to where to find a new tank? Any help would be great. Thanks

cst733f-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I recommended against this before I realized that the Dalton was a 2" flush valve like the Carusoe. However, if you like the look of the Dalton, why not just order a Dalton tank?

The Dalton uses tank model number ST733 (followed by a number denoting the color: -01 cotton white; -11 colonial white, etc.) You can still find the tank out there if you do some research. I would start by seeing if my local plumbing supply house could order it for me. Figure $60-90 would be a pretty good price for the tank alone. You may end up spending a little more, though, for a special order.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Neither the Dalton nor the Carusoe were very good toilets. That's why they we discontinued. Here's what I would do. Make the contractor that broke the tank pay for a new Drake. It's an excellent toilet and not a lot more expensive than the Dalton was. You'll be far better off than trying to find a new tank for a discontinued toilet. If push comes to shove, ask for a cash settlement for the cost of a Dalton and put that money toward the Drake. Toto service might be able to quote a price for a new tank, but I'd be pretty stubborn about making that deal.

Suceress

Reaction score
I agree that the contractor should have to pay for it since he broke it. I don't know the legalities of whether or not he would have to pay for a new toilet if you can't get a replacement for the part that he broke, but he would-- at the very least-- have to pay the price for the tank he broke less any depreciation. If it was new and never used then I don't know if it would have depreciated or not.

ttodd1

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. To answer some questions - I bought this new so I would like to not have to throw it away and - to coin a phrase - flush more money down the toilet.... ;) Yes I know it is discontinued and have tried to find a replacement tank but since it is discontinued it is not easy to find one in the Cotton white color - the 2 I had found and tried to purchase turned out to be cracked as well. The contractor is no longer doing the work - other issues along with this one. It seems as it is impossible to sell a bowl only especially in a brand that most people have never heard of. I am trying to do this in the best cost effective way I can and figured a replacement tank would save me some money.......... Does anyone know of a place that may have a tank to sell? Toto themselves do not seem to have any in the cotton color. It is starting to look like I am being backed into a corner at this point but really need to make this effort.

Added note: Anyone know how close a color match the Colonial White is to the Cotton White? I may be able to get one of these?

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Dude...listen to me. The tanks are out there in cotton white. That's why I gave you the model number for the tank. Just do some research. Problem solved.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Still seems to me that you would be far better off to move up to a Toto Drake rather than repairing the Dalton. The Dalton was a builder grade toilet that didn't have a good performance record and was discontinued. The original Drake was considered a commercial grade toilet, and has proven to be an excellent product. I just feel the contractor did you a favor. Get a settlement from him and upgrade.

ttodd1

Reaction score
Dude...listen to me. The tanks are out there in cotton white. That's why I gave you the model number for the tank. Just do some research. Problem solved.

I have looked by name, by model number, etc. Yes there are sites that come up but find one that ACTUALLY has 1 in stock. Actually add 1 to your cart and just try to get to checkout before it comes up and says Backordered/Currently Unavailable,etc. The ones I do find in stock are Bone, Beige and Colonial White - hence the how close a color match it is.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
How many more ways to say this? You're wasting time and even if successful, gaining nothing.

ttodd1

Reaction score
OK got your opinion after 3 posts - thanks and noted. Now if someone can post some useful information for me I would appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks