What's the most reliable way to go from copper to pex without soldering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Just curious to hear what you think is the best way to go! I know a lot of people wouldn't consider not soldering, though.

teddy12

Reaction score
Been very happy with my SharkBite adapters so far. Are you not trying to solder because of tight spacing or things nearby?

Reaction score
To be honest, I have none of the stuff required and it's gonna be kind of expensive. That, and I have no experience soldering, and I want to get this project done. Thanks for all the info!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Basic soldering "stuff" is not expensive. All you need is a propane torch, a can of flux, a tubing cutter, a roll of solder, and a roll of emery cloth or brushes to clean the pipe ends and fittings. Sweating joints is not a difficult skill to learn, even if your first efforts don't look pretty, they will work. A few practice fittings and a little pipe is all you need to learn.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks