Softener settings

Users who are viewing this thread

tntent805

Reaction score
Well, guess I probably wont be getting any more answers / help from Gary now.
I'm just concerned that I added too much water to the brine tank.
If I added too much extra water to the brine tank Is there an easy way
to remove some of the brine water in order for it to fill to the proper amount next time ?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, simply manually regen the unit. It will pull out the water and only fill to the proper level. Gary should answer/help no matter who sold it.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
A better answer is to leave it alone, it will be sucked out during the next regeneration, and that way you don't have to guess how much to take out or deal with getting rid of salt water.

And IMO Skip's instructions seem to be lacking or you wouldn't have had all these questions... And if he wasn't so negative, I'd help him sell more softeners.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
And IMO Skip's instructions seem to be lacking or you wouldn't have had all these questions... And if he wasn't so negative, I'd help him sell more softeners.
You ever wonder why I have a problem with you? You ever wonder why a lot of others have a problem with you? The common factor is you. You bash people at the things they say like you are the GURU of water treatment. Just like your opinion of my instructions. I offered them, but the OP didn't take me up on the offer so now he has some questions. And this is why I say you have a bag full of cheap shots. You don't know the whole story but you will make a comment like that. When you talk about being negitive, look in the mirror.

tntent805

Reaction score
You ever wonder why I have a problem with you? You ever wonder why a lot of others have a problem with you? The common factor is you. You bash people at the things they say like you are the GURU of water treatment. Just like your opinion of my instructions. I offered them, but the OP didn't take me up on the offer so now he has some questions. And this is why I say you have a bag full of cheap shots. You don't know the whole story but you will make a comment like that. When you talk about being negitive, look in the mirror.

Skip did offer,
I just felt it would be better to get my questions answered in this forum.
As such, I got both of your pointers & answers to many of my questions.
I have learned allot from both of you. Additionally, I have been able
to learn allot from other threads and posts both of you have made.

Thank you,
to both of you for your answers, pointers and views.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
No I don't wonder why you have a problem with me. I used to be just like you. Nor do I wonder about those others either. Remember that I reply to what y'all say, not about you as to what kind of person you are or where you live or how you live.

Your instructions were not included and my mistake was thinking you would have sent them to all your customers if they wanted them or not but... me, I wouldn't sell to anyone that refused my instructions or if I had the slightest idea that they wouldn't follow them.

And as we see, the OP has had many questions. Many of which I would have answered before he bought from me because I know prospective customers usually don't know enough to ask questions about everything they will need to know. I even had them write down programing info and the data before they bought from me. And asked them if they had any questions about that. Some of those people I educated didn't buy from me, or then but came back in days to up to a few years later. I talked to every internet customer I sold to.

I also I notice that your customer was interested in me answering at least some of his questions... That alone should have got your attention but it seems as if it hasn't. Or, you too were relying on me. I usually smile while typing replies but now I'm grinning pretty wide over that.

Tntent, you're welcome.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
No I don't wonder why you have a problem with me. I used to be just like you. Nor do I wonder about those others either. Remember that I reply to what y'all say, not about you as to what kind of person you are or where you live or how you live.

Your instructions were not included and my mistake was thinking you would have sent them to all your customers if they wanted them or not but... me, I wouldn't sell to anyone that refused my instructions or if I had the slightest idea that they wouldn't follow them.

And as we see, the OP has had many questions. Many of which I would have answered before he bought from me because I know prospective customers usually don't know enough to ask questions about everything they will need to know. I even had them write down programing info and the data before they bought from me. And asked them if they had any questions about that. Some of those people I educated didn't buy from me, or then but came back in days to up to a few years later. I talked to every internet customer I sold to.

I also I notice that your customer was interested in me answering at least some of his questions... That alone should have got your attention but it seems as if it hasn't. Or, you too were relying on me. I usually smile while typing replies but now I'm grinning pretty wide over that.

Tntent, you're welcome.

Sounds to me you have a much different way of thinking than I do. IMO, you sound more like a dictator, (do it may way or I won't sell it to you). Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to my style.

tntent805

Reaction score
reserve regeneration

One more question, since this softener is a clack ws1 cs, 2 cf unit, I think u guys said it uses a variable reserve, at what point should I expect it to regenerate ? And how does
the ws1 cs calculate the reserve.
Tks
Tntent

Last edited:

tntent805

Reaction score
System regenerated

Last night unit went to 0 gal. remaining.
After it went to zero, I used my Hatch 5B and it was blue without using any drops of solution. At 2:00 a.m. unit regenerated and I tested the hardness again. Today, it took one drop of solution to turn water tested blue.
Settings were at 45, 000k, hardness set to 23,
13.5 lbs salt dose. Override set to 14 days.
Clack ws1-cs set to P14
( post, downflow.
1st. bw = 8,
Brine Slow Rinse = 60,
No 2nd. Bw.
Fast rinse =6

Thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
You stated you tested the hardness and it came up 26 grains. If that is the case, you will have hard water prior to a regen in the future. It may take some time because with a new unit you have full capacity (30K per CF). This capacity will slowly be used up because of the hardness being higher than programed.

tntent805

Reaction score
If I change the hardness setting to 26, should the
k, capacity be left at 45k, or does it need to be changed to 40k ?

tntent805

Reaction score
Am I correct, in changing the hardness setting from 23 to 26, that only changes / effects the water after the next regeneration ?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
No. It will not effect the water quality at all. Lets put it this way. If you need to travel 26 miles but only put enough gas in the travel 23 miles, what's going to happen? If your hardness is actually 26 and you have the unit set on 23, you are going to run out of soft water prior to a regen. It may not happen right away, but it will happen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks