Should I use sodium or potassium salt?

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Any differences, besides cost? I wonder if it will increase my sodium intake a lot. Thanks!

LOL Cost is a huge difference in and of itself. Efficiency is another... salt being more efficient. The amount of sodium added to the water depends on how much hardness it had to remove. Unless you are on sodium restricted diet, I would not worry about it. If you are worried, use an RO filter to remove the sodium.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Sodium. Potassium not only cost a lot more, it also should be set up differently than sodium. It is too technical to go through right now (I have to get to my daughters Hockey game), but... potassium is not a good idea in general.

Lifespeed

Reaction score
RO water is really nice to drink. Once you try it it is hard to settle for less. I have taste tested my carbon-filtered, softened water against the RO water and it is night and day. RO systems are not that expensive.

It does kind of spoil you. Every once in a while I'll have a fountain soda and taste the chlorine. :p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks