programing a fleck 5600 sxt 24K grain

Users who are viewing this thread

love2byke

Reaction score
I've purchased and installed this softener but need help with the programing. I'm on city water rated at 8 for hardness, 2 people in the household and no other outside water demands. Can someone recommend the settings? Greatly appreciated.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
If you Google "Fleck 5600 Manual" you'll find several sources for information, including setup instructions.

love2byke

Reaction score
Control Settings

I see I missed what control he has... anyway, the manual will only show example data.

Just to clarify, I have the manual and can see how to setup the controller. My question is more around what to set all the parameters to in order to optimize efficiency (timing of cycles, setting reserve, etc.)

Here are the spec's I could find for my application:
Fleck 5600SXT electronic metered
24,000 grains capacity (0.75 cubic feet) 7" x 44" resin tank.
Hardness: 158-170mg/L or 10 grains per gallon.
TDS: 204 mg/L
Resin: Standard 7% (Dow)
Rated flow rate is 12 gpm at 15 psi drop.
City water from 2 city wells.
The official 'water report' from West Jordan Utah, where I live does not list the PH level, nor does it list iron/manganese content: http://www.sjc.utah.gov/pdf/waterqualityreport2011.pdf

Thanks

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might want to set it up like this:
Capacity (C): 24.0 x 1000
Water Hardness (H): 8
Safety Factor (SF): 10%
Day Override (DO): 14 days
Backwash (BW) Default or around 8 min
Brine Draw (BD) Default or around 50 min
Rapid Rinse (RR) Default or around 10 min
Brine Fill (BF) Depends on what BLFC you have but should be salted at 5 lbs

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Love2, a .75 cuft uses an 8"x 44" tank and has a constant SFR of 6.75 gpm. That fits very few houses or families.

You can not get 24K with 5 lbs of salt, If you did, that would be a salt efficiency of 4800 grains per lb. That won't be happening.

It takes 15 lbs to get 30K out of 1 cuft and that is an efficiency of 2000 grains/lb. It will take 12 lbs to get 24K out of 3/4 cuft with the same efficiency.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks