Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
pb_to_pex.jpg

That shark bite doesn't really like the conversion here.
Any plumbers out there that have seen this type of pipe and fitting? And how are you making the conversion?

joemcl

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry sharkbte makes a transition coupling ftom poly to pex. They are a little hard to get. Either model u 4008 or u 4016. The poly side of the fitting is grey, not gold like regular sharkbite. They also make transition pex crimp fittings, that I can usually find at lowes and plumbing supply. They come with rings, but you can use the stainless cinch rings in their place.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is no reason the Sharkbite should leak, unless the tubing damaged the internal seal, or was not slid on all the way. They work with ALL the cts plastic tubing materials, including pb, PEX, and CPVC. I would be more concerned about the compression tee.

DaveHo

Reaction score
When I re-piped from PB to PEX, I used Sharkbites for temporary connections. AFAIK, the only difference in the PB Sharkbites is the size of the inner support sleeve. I believe PB has a thinner wall diameter than PEX. That said, I used normal Sharkbites as well & didn't get leaks. Not an expert by any means but I'm going to guess the PB has a nick in it or the SB o-ring got nicked.

joemcl

In the Trades
Reaction score
sharkbite_pb_pex.jpg

The gray end of the Sharbite if for PB

Notice grey side of 3/4 coupling is for poly. I don't know what makes it different, only that it is, also does not leak like regular sharkbite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks