Ejector Basin venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

psmith0803

Reaction score
I've been reading up on ejector basin venting. There are quite a few threads on here about that. Here are my questions.

1) I have a toilet 5' from the basin straight 4" run. There is a T in the run where a shower / sink run into this. Because of the short distance I was just going to vent them thru basin. Is this practical? The sink and shower are within 8 feet as the pipe lays to the basin.

2) I was hoping to tie a kitchen sink into the vent for the basin and then connect it to my manifold in the attic (I have all house vents tie into a single 4" roof penetration. After reading all the threads that the basin must have a dedicated vent separate from the house now I'm confounded on how to proceed. Can I run the basin vent and the kitchen sink vent separate to the manifold is this any better than just grabbing the kitchen sink on the way up? The only difference I see is it make a longer run for the basin to get to an actual trap? It appears to me that is the reason they want the basins venting separate to keep from sucking the traps dry? If I went with separate vents up to the manifold it would be a distance of almost 50' from the basin to a trap thru the 4" manifold.

I'm in a rural area, code is not as important to be as being practical and functional. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Combining the vents up in the attic is really not an issue IMO.
The fixtures need to be properly vented or flushing the water closet will siphon the traps on the shower and/or lavatory.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks