Greasing AGA Range Valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert444

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this question. If this isn't the correct forum I apologize.
I am in the process of fixing up a Chambers 90C kitchen range. I'm cleaning the decades of greasy gunk from under the top, etc., and then I'll set it up for propane. I'll also install an oven safety system in it.

Prescott1.jpg

The cast bronze gas valves are actually AGA valves and are built to last. I kept each valve's male and female halves connected so I wouldn't mix them up.

AGA1.jpg

I'm going to lap the male to the female with a little bit of Bon Ami/water paste--just enough to clean things up a little bit. Then I'll need to grease them. So my question is can I use Syl-Glyde silicone grease to grease these valves? Label says it won't melt up to 600 degrees F. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks