Possible Drainage Issues - Beko Dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt N

Reaction score
Hi All! Not too sure what im doing when it comes to plumbing, so I'm in need of a bit of advice.

I've just had a standard size Beko dishwasher delivered. My plan is to put it on the counter top, above the washing machine. This way both the washing machine and dishwasher will be in a small alcove.

However, I noticed a tag on the drainage hose with pictures having a tick when the hose is above the base of the dishwasher, and a cross when the hose sinks below.

Would anyone know of any adverse effects by having the end of the hose lower than the base of the dishwasher?

I've noticed on some forums people mentioning this could syphone all the water from the machine. Does anyone know if this is true, or would Beko's have stop valves to prevent this?

Sorry for all the questions on my first post!

Matt.

Matt N

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm glad you said that, as I've spent today pulling out the unit on the left hand side of the sink. I decided against putting it above the washing machine, as its a pretty large appliance.

It's just doing a empty "hygiene" wash now. I'm waiting for it to drain, hopefully everything will be fine. I've put the high loop under the sink.

Matt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks