DI water

Users who are viewing this thread

Lifespeed

Reaction score
How cost-effective is it to have deionized water available in the home? I see some "car wash" systems that appear to be fairly low capacity. My needs are not that great, just washing the cars and windows on the house.

The resin can't be regenerated, can it? Do you buy regenerated resin and then throw it away?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I highly recommend a DI system. Check out this link, you can see my system design. I feed a large holding tank from my dual 100 GPD RO membranes, that feed the house drinking faucets. The large black tank to the right is my 2 cu. ft. DI tank for the car wash hose reel. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?45302-Prototype-system&highlight=prototype

The resin is disposed of when it is exhausted. I have 4 cars that get washed regularly. The DI is only used for the final rinse and 2 cu. ft. has lasted 5 years so far. It also feeds a garage lab spout for testing, and for filling windex refills, etc.

It produced 15 Meg water easily.

One time use DI resin is fairly inexpensive.

Hope this helps!

Lifespeed

Reaction score
Very nice. I'll have to look into that. Where I live DI water to rinse the car is a must. I am not too thrilled with the automatic car wash's eggbeater-on-the-paint effect, despite the DI water rinse.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I highly recommend a DI system. Check out this link, you can see my system design. I feed a large holding tank from my dual 100 GPD RO membranes, that feed the house drinking faucets. The large black tank to the right is my 2 cu. ft. DI tank for the car wash hose reel. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?45302-Prototype-system&highlight=prototype

The resin is disposed of when it is exhausted. I have 4 cars that get washed regularly. The DI is only used for the final rinse and 2 cu. ft. has lasted 5 years so far. It also feeds a garage lab spout for testing, and for filling windex refills, etc.

It produced 15 Meg water easily.

One time use DI resin is fairly inexpensive.

Hope this helps!
I love it. Reminds me of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor. More power.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks