Air in the Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Rburt5

Reaction score
I recently had a new Well-Rite water pressure tank installed in my house. Lately we have been getting air in the pipes. This especially happens in the evening for some reason. We turn on the faucet (any faucet in the house) and water comes spitting out at us like the pressure had been building up too high or something. The tank it set to about 50psi. Any ideas about what could be causing it and how to fix it?

Rburt5

Reaction score
I don't remember the brand of my old bladder tank. It was a dark red color. The person who installed my Well-Rite said that the old one wasn't a very good brand. The problems with air in the pipes didn't start until after the new one was installed. What are you thinking might be the problem?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sometimes if you have a galvanized tank, there is an air making system installed. With this system, you have to uninstall it before installing a bladder tank. But I have never seen any red galvanized tanks.

Do you have a check valve at or near the tank? A brass or plastic large coupling looking device?

bob...

Rburt5

Reaction score
My tank does have a brass check valve. Although I know very little about well pumps and bladder tanks, I don't think the old bladder tank was galvanized. It was basically identical to the new one, just a different color and manufacturer. Could the well pump have anything to do with the air getting in the pipes? Actually, does my problem even sound like there is air in the pipes or is it something else causing the faucets to spit at us?

Speedbump

Reaction score
My tank does have a brass check valve

The tank itself wouldn't have a check valve. It would have to be installed in addition to the tank. Be sure your not confusing a brass tank tee for the check valve.

I have been assuming you have a submersible pump. Am I correct?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks