Irrigation Well - Remove Rusted Seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam FL

Reaction score
I just bought a house and 2 days after moving in the down pipe separated at the U-turn and for obvious reasons water is spraying everywhere and no pressure at the sprinkler heads. It appears that the piping was modified in the past improperly and there is only about 3/4" of PVC coming out of the elbow on the down pipe. I think this is why it separated since there is little surface area to cement them together.

The seal on top of the well is rusted and I have no idea how to get it off since there are not bolt heads. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this seal open to add a new piece of PVC below the seal and fix this?

Irrigation Well.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The top of the casing is too low as it is so just cut it off below the seal. Then you can use a coupling and a section of new casing to raise it up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks