(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Need assistance of tub/shower location (and type)

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by rapida View Post
    I was thinking you'll have a full wall next to your shower bench (next to the vanity and tower). If you have a panel on the bench as shown, the gap between the shower and the vanity will be hard to clean. My former bathroom had a similar configuration and I hated it - stuff always fell into the gap and the mop head could not go in (I could only use the Swiffer duster but not their floor wipe). If you have a full wall, you just bring your vanity right to it. Then you don't have a vanity to glass problem. As a bonus you can have a hand towel ring on that wall.
    Re narrow half glass wall (which I like), vs narrow full wall, yes its an issue, but I don't think it the Swiffer issue..let me explain.

I need to address:
    -the bench
    -the lower vanity
    -the upper vanity

Re the bench, with a half wall, there would be no gap, as the bench can butt up right to the half wall.

Re the lower vanity, again, with a half wall, there would be no gap, as the vanity can butt up right to the half wall.

Re the upper vanity - potential aesthetic problem (no Swiffter problem), as there would be a gap between the side vanity and the glass, and even without a gap, the entire side vanity is visible. So I think only the full wall addresses that one. Hmmm. But what might work there is what is shown below where the sill of the half wall continues up the wall. This address the 'gap", but of coruse ones still sees the side of the vanity while showering. Maybe its not so bad - dunno.

Name:  half.JPG
Views: 576
Size:  16.1 KB
    Last edited by mediaman; 05-11-2013 at 07:53 AM.