(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Need assistance of tub/shower location (and type)

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Fields View Post
    Can you tell me what program you used? to make the plans?
    I was wondering the same thing. When I play around with stuff I generally use Sims 3 or just draw it out in MSpaint- but the latter is not very accurate. The former is very limited and requires quite a lot of custom content. I used to make custom content for Sims 2, but Sims 3 is more complicated.

Rapida, how much space do you have under your vanity? If you install a drawer it will be about one inch shallower than the height of the toekick. There is a website that explains how to make the toekick drawer: http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Pr...orage/View-All
    You can have some that require a knob or handle or you can make it so that when you kick it, it pops out. That might get annoying if you accidentally kick it though.

mediaman, I couldn't find any horror stories,but I didn't really look hard. It would be cool if you could figure out how to have the curved arch have hidden storage (I did say I'm obsessed with hidden storage). That is if you decide to do the arch. I'm trying to think of the best way to accomplish that.

Was the corner tub you were considering skirted or drop-in? If its drop in, its possible to have hidden storage around the tub like so:

You probably couldn't do that with a standalone. You could store washcloths, extra soap, cleaning supplies, etc.

And since I'm still throwing ideas out:

What are the dimensions of the bathroom again? I know from wall to hallway was something like 8 feet? What was the length from the wall to where you planned to have the door and then the width of the alcove and length from alcove wall to the opposite wall?

Your bathtub is wider than one of my bathrooms-- the bathroom is 56" and the toilet is crammed in a 23" wide alcove.
    Last edited by suceress; 04-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.