Strange problem with Glacier Bay Kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

juriggs

Reaction score
Whenever I turn on my shower, my kitchen faucet begins leaking. It's not just a drip... it's a stream of water. This is just the hot water... if I turn on the cold water, nothing happens. Also, it doesn't happen in reverse... if I turn on the kitchen faucet, no leaking from the shower head.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm selling this house, and want to resolve this before closing.

Thanks,

Justin

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE would have to know the make and model of the sink faucet, so we could decide IF a drop in pressure could activate it. Does the "flow" stop when you turn off the shower, or do you have to do it yourself? Is the faucet mounted to the wall or on the sink?

juriggs

Reaction score
The sink is a Glacier Bay model number F8FA0000BNV. The leaking stop when we turn off the shower, But I should've mentioned that it starts when we have the washing machine on as well. The faucet is part of the sink not mounted to the wall.

Thanks for the help!

Seattle2k

Reaction score
Glacier Bay....check the cartridge and seals. I'm guessing a low-flow showerhead is causing the shower's hot water to feed over to the cold line, of vise versa, and the increased pressure in that line is backing up to the point of least resistance, being the crappy Glacier Bay faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks