air conditioning drain

Users who are viewing this thread

rhans100

Reaction score
senerio: two story condo building. upper and lower unit's a/c drains merge into one line and then discharge to the outside. drain gets plugged outside and water backs up into lower unit. this happened in florida and lots of water was generated. any thoughts on building codes, poor design etc.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Where does it drain to: obviously the drain should terminate above grade to keep out dirt, bugs, grass clippings, etc.

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
Yep, I understand. I live in Florida too. Everytime I change the filter(s) in my upstairs and downstairs unit(s) I pour a cup of bleach down the a/c drain.

I hope that's what you are talking about. You get a buildup inside the pipe. If you can't clear it, just blow into the pipe with all openings covered except the exit end. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks