Vertical Wet Venting Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Sethamin

Reaction score
Is the following wet venting permissible under UPC?

IMG_20130402_150020.jpg

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but thought I'd check with the experts just in case, since it would make my life easier.

Sethamin

Reaction score
I think this is the relevant section of 2009 UPC:

908.1 Vertical Wet Venting.
908.1.1 Where Permitted. Wet venting is limited to vertical drainage piping receiving the discharge from the trap arm of one (1) and two (2) fixture unit fixtures that also serves as a vent not exceeding four (4) fixtures. Wet-vented fixtures shall be within the same story; provided, further, that fixtures with a continuous vent discharging into a wet vent shall be within the same as the wet-vented fixtures. No wet vent shall exceed six (6) feet (1,829 mm) in developed length.

This doesn't seem to disallow it, but I still seem to recall reading somewhere the UPC disallows wet venting into vertical drainage. Maybe 2012 UPC has some changes on this?

Anyone?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; recall reading somewhere the UPC disallows wet venting into vertical drainage.

That is the way the majority of wet venting is, and always has been, done. But, unless that is a side inlet sanitary tee for the tub connection it is wrong,. It cannot go into a double "Y or double combo. The lavs cannot use a double combo OR a sanitary cross, it must be a "back to back fixture fitting".

Sethamin

Reaction score
That is the way the majority of wet venting is, and always has been, done. But, unless that is a side inlet sanitary tee for the tub connection it is wrong,. It cannot go into a double "Y or double combo. The lavs cannot use a double combo OR a sanitary cross, it must be a "back to back fixture fitting".

What about a double fixture fitting for both of them?

Sethamin

Reaction score
Well, I do now. They're pricey. I just have to figure out if it's cheaper to do that rather than running an individual vent for the toilet and tub and tying them back in above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks